“You know it’s very tough,” the dancer-choreographer, 45, reflected of his short marriage to Lopez. “Your privacy is breached. You’re no longer a normal person. (Our wedding) was a circus. I think several people got arrested trying to climb up a mountain … trying to sneak in. We actually rented the airspace.” But, says Judd (who has been remarried since 2009 and now has a baby girl), that’s what you sign up for. “You kind of have to take it and accept it and embrace it. Once you stop fighting it, it smooths itself over. If you try to keep that privacy, it drives you nuts and that’s why people break.”
He’s got some good points, but I’m still guessing being married to Jennifer Lopez would be a lot more interesting than being married to me.
Me v. Jennifer Lopez
- Lopez: Having your new wife serenade you with one of her top 40 dance hits.
Me: Having your wife sing Fresh by Kool & The Gang while your ears bleed.
- Lopez: Waking up next to someone People Magazine has named among the most beautiful women in the world.
Me: Waking up next to someone snoring with their mouth open.
- Lopez: Knowing your wife is a well known dancer.
Me: Knowing your wife can’t do the electric slide.
- Lopez: Accompanying your new bride to red carpet events.
Me: Watching the Screen Actor Guild Awards with your wife while she inhales an entire bag of tortilla chips and a bowl of guacamole.
- Lopez: Spending every day with a woman with flawless skin, a supple body, and a closet full of designer clothes.
Me: Spending every day with a woman with basal cell carcinoma scars, a pear shaped body, and a wardrobe filled with running shorts.
- Lopez: Spontaneous vacations to the French Riviera.
Me: A weekly dinner date that usually ends at 8:00 because dinner reservations were at 6:00.
- Lopez: Traveling around the world on a private jet.
Me: Arguing who will sit with the kids in the economy section on United Airlines.
- Lopez: A wife who skinny dips in the pool.
Me: A wife who gets dressed in the shower.
- Lopez: Hanging out with celebrities.
Me: Hanging out with parents from the pre-school.
- Lopez: Has her own fragrance line.
Me: Usually smells like bleach.
- Lopez: Bragging to your friends at the high school reunion that your wife was named #1 on FHM’s 100 Sexiest Women list.
Me: Bragging to your friends at the high school reunion your wife played the role of the father in her 5th grade school play.
- Lopez: A mother who snuggles her newborns in a gown with full hair and makeup.
Me: A mother barely keeping one eyeball open.
I could see why you would go with her.
* Kate Casey is a Pop Culture Lover. PR Pro. Mom. Comedy nerd. Celebrity gossip fan. Follow her on Twitter @KateCasey